Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Wall


wall
Originally uploaded by rushgal
One day I was sitting in my living room reading "War in the Pacific." My DVD tower was close by and the top DVD was Pink Floyd's "The Wall." The photo shows the book opened to a chapter entitled "Into the Meat Grinder" with a picture of Iwo Jima after it was bombed.

As I was reading the book, I happened to glance over at my DVD's and noticed the chilling similarity shared by the two images. I am absolutely convinced that the photo shown in the book was the inspiration to the artist of the album cover.

I poked around on the internet to see whether I could prove my theory correct. I didn't find anything either way. But there are coincidences that can not be denied when these images are viewed side by side. The swooping lines, the shape of the teeth, and even the name of the chapter. In order to understand why the chapter "Into the Meat Grinder" is relevant, you need to have seen the movie.

I'd like to get more information about the artist and confirm the theory one way or the other....in my spare time....

No comments:

Post a Comment