Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Presto kings roll the permanent test for moving steel signals.


I love MSPaint.








This is conceptualized professionally on Exit Stage Left, and if you have ever seen Rush live, particularly in the last 9 years, you may find it reminiscent of the Time Warp ending of the live show. When I see them live, I get a little sad when the Time Warp part is in progress, knowing that very show could be the last time I ever see them. Every year, we hear rumours about this being their last one. Every time. It's slightly stressful, but certainly enhances the joy of the next tour!

I have seen Rush over 70 times, but I don't consider myself a groupie. When they tour, it basically guarantees a road trip with my big brother. And truly, "the point of the journey is not to arrive." Some of my life's best experiences are those surrounding Rush tours. I can't help but laugh at myself about it, and thinking, "gaawwd, what a dork!" Yep. No question. Strange and obsessive as it sounds, I have learned that the most cherished treasures in my life are those that can not be taken. Ever. No matter what. It turns out, incidentally, that these treasures are intangible, except to me.

Woah.

I can hear Rush whenever I want. I can see them whenever I want. I can summon the memories which spark excitement whenever I want.

Truly, the whole Rush experience of my life goes extremely deep. I don't feel a need to explain, because anyone reading this has his or her own understanding of what I mean, and plus, it's fun to try to put words to feelings. A triumph to convey the core of a feeling in a way that can be understood in no way except for how it is meant.

Woah.

I like that those who have known me associate the memory of me as being "a total Rush fan." "Oh yeah, she was a nut over that band, Rush!" "Yeah, man, what was wrong with her, anyway?"

Whether we know or don't know the words, the artist, or the names of the songs, we all have a soundtrack to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment